Beringer Simply Sophisticated Chardonnay Review

Beringer Simply Sophisticated Cahronnay Bottle FrontSo on my quest to find a decent drinking chardonnay, I also bought a bottle of Beringer Simply Sophisticated Chardonnay. It’s investment was $4.99. I should disclose that I know someone who works for Treasury Wine Estates, but this review has no relationship. The label states ripe stone fruit (hell that’s broad), vivid citrus flavors offset with honeyed apricot. The honeyed apricot was what caught my attention, as I imagined a slightly sweet tasting chardonnay. Style indicated was neither light or full bodied, and the taste rating on the dry side. Okay, I was game.
Beringer Simply Sophisticated Chardonnay Back Of Bottle
I chilled the wine to 52 degree before uncorking. Typically, I chill complex character chardonnay to 55; however, the character described by the vintner is not what I call complex. So, the adding chilling should have helped to offset aback bright citrus flavors. What took me by surprise though was the lacking of any silky oak or noticeable described flavor notes in my mouth.  In fact, it was unimaginative. I couldn’t imagine serving it with any of the core dishes recommended except for the crisp apple tart, as that would help at least add some flavor while consuming.

My palate for chardonnay maybe discriminating, but I do believe that vintners owe the consumer characterizations fairly representing truth about their wines. Not every bottle of character chardonnay has to run over $50. Would I buy this particular label again? Sure, if I was having a large gathering where flavor is not center. This particular label of Beringer is indeed bottled house quality.


I can only give ★★¾.

No comments :

Post a Comment