Allegiant Airline Review Failed To Pass

Allegiant Airline Airplane
I took a day before writing this review of Allegiant Air because I didn’t want to review bias. The flight experience is broken down into two areas. The first being customer service. Second is inflight experience. I feel that for travelers interested in flying Allegiant to choose informed. Allegiant Air is a very basic airline that charges for everything, including extra for emergency rows seats that have extra leg room as well as water. Yes, I said water.


Allegiant Air Customer Service

Prior to flying I had read all the negative reviews. Unfortunately, no airline offers quality customer service. Whether phone or counter, Allegiant Air was no better or worse. The day of fly, I did receive a text at 5:30AM stating that the 1075 to HI would not fly until 4:30PM. Being an experienced flyer, I also called Allegiant’s customer service number to inquire if additional delays could result. After being hold for about 15 minutes while hearing Allegiant’s pushing pat on the back, a representative assured that there were no additional delays. Once at the airport, all I had to do was check the monitor and proceed to the gate since I had checked in online. This I highly recommend.

There was no delay on return flight 1072. However, there was no active flight board that indicated what gate to use either. Having pre-checked in, at the hotel 24 hours before flight, all I thought I had to do was proceed to the gate. Instead, I had to ask a customer service agent who at first scolded me for what she thought was cutting. That I quickly punted back, and she blunted to proceed to gate 15. She was not exactly warm a fuzzy young woman at 7:15AM.

Over all customer service interaction ★★★.

Allegiant Inflight Experience

What I can say without hesitation is that, Allegiant is different. The airplane, a 757, was advanced in age (aka tired). Seats do not recline. If I would have known that fact alone, then I would have never booked. Oops, Allegiant does not disclose this. The seats have no back pockets either, so there no place to put that over priced water you bought before boarding. What I forgot to take was a picture of the duck tape being used around the floor board by the bathroom. Talking about the bathroom, it is worn and tired. Many signs too telling you not to flush this or that along with wiping down the sink after used. Heck, NokAir doesn’t even have such craziness.

In defense of the experience, the flight attendants on both flights were personable. Smiles galore, but overly obsessed with checking the bathrooms before, during, and when landing. There is no Internet service inflight, and there are no video monitors or movie shown. On the flip side, the beverages offered are comparably priced with competing carriers. Yet, I wonder if when Southwest begins service to HI will it be able to beat current competition.

The boarding process is simple. You do get an assigned seat, and almost every seat was taken outbound. In fact, there were four open seats in the emergency row. However, you cannot just move into those seats without paying extra. Even when landing, a young boy behind wanted to sit to see the view. The flight attendant went into detail that unless the seat upgrade is paid, no one can sit in the seat.

My outbound flight was similar. The aged 757 did not apparently have duck tape being used. Again, the flight was nearly full except for one seat in a row behind where I sat. The couple stretched out. What I thought odd was why the open seat being used by the couple was not insisted upon being left open by the flight attendants. Since the couple only paid for their seats, why allow them to use the open seat? I mean if the flight attendant on my outbound refused a young boy to sit in the emergency seat next to a window while landing, why allow a couple to have access to an open seat for five hours outbound? Both flights had the same amount of time where the seat belt light was turned off. The captain did announced that there would be turbulence before hand, and turned on the seat belt only for time necessary to get past it. Passengers on both flights were just as needy as any other carrier. 

Over all inflight experience ★★.

The Rest

I did not check any luggage, but I should disclose that you have to pay for that service too. Carryon luggage is limited, and the overhead bin space is narrow. Leather slipcovers cover the seats, and I don’t want to imagine seat appearance underneath. Oh one last detail, the overhead cabin ceiling and overhead storage space exteriors as well as interiors were dingy. It’s as if not properly cleaned. That bothered me because it made me wonder how Allegiant maintains its fleet.

So, there you have it. I’m not going to go on as some do about being nickeled and dime because Allegiant's website discloses that fact. If you are wanting to fly a stripped basic airline that will get you there, then Allegiant will fit your bill. However, if you’re wanting some ounces of coziness then pass on flying Allegiant Air.

No comments :

Post a Comment