Paradise, Ngwesuang Beach


Sunsetting Ngwwsaung Beach, Myanmar

Have you ever just wanted to get away? No, I mean really get away. I know of a place that sits at the tip of the Bay of Bengal where Internet is almost non-existent, time is measured not by a clock but by sun up to sun down, and the water is as cozy as the air. It is here where remote pale sandy beaches are back dropped by tropical forest. If it is rest and unplugged relaxation that you search for in a vacation, look no further than NgweSaung, Myanmar (Burma).



It has been almost eight years since I first visited this exotic land. The tensions of the past have been magically erased. The people of Myanmar are even warmer than I remembered. This little village on the Bay of Bengal is home to one truly exotic beach paradise. For it is here, you are free to escape in its uninterrupted paradise. Taste distinct hand prepared meals, stroll along miles of empty beaches, snorkel its clear silvery coast water, take a morning or sunset horseback ride, rent a bike to take the scenery, or just relax in a hammock while reading a good book. NgweSaung’s majesty is for your pleasure.

I must warn you though that this type of breathtaking peacefulness will dominate you. At night you will catch yourself being lulled by the sea, and, if lucky, catch the glimpse of a firework or two. This unspoiled destination is one that enjoyers of off the beaten path journeys must travel. Having to reconnect is truly something I don’t want to do. So, as the sun begins its long set, I am going to end here. The warmth of the sea calls for another last dip of the day. Tomorrow, I go to enjoy snorkeling before heading back to connected with reality. How time really does flies when it seems like I just arrived.

No comments :

Post a Comment