Witches of East End Review


So I love watching shows about witchcraft, it takes me back to my childhood.  However, I was not gaga impressed with this supernatural drama series, season one.  This series is novel though in a interesting way.  I liked the story plots, and really enjoyed the one where the shifterer released Freya’s ex love from the painting. My thought was cool story, but all the stories were not that cool. Ingrid’s character for me is wishy washy, and undefined.  If she is such a powerful witch then at least show she is. Maybe character development is going on that I’m missing. Wendy on the other hand, reminds me of me.  Unforeseeable and carefree with a heaping dose of self-willed rowdy. She’s on her last life, and you know there is going to be a twist at some point.  I wonder when that twist will occur?  Joanna’s character on the other hand is a caring mom and monarch sister.  Sisterly tensions between Joanna and Wendy are believable, and it’s clear that Wendy has esteem for Joanna.  Freya's and Ingrid's sister relationship too is felt, but Freya’s character is more developed than Ingrid’s in season one.

Fair Haven holds the passage way to Asgard where the witches come from, and Ingrid is forced to unlock it.  Nice place to end season one at, and opportune season two to blossom Ingrid into the witch she really is.

I rate season one ★★.


No comments :

Post a Comment